|Employment opportunities available:
Senior Mechanical Engineer (HVAC)
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey at 4 World Trade Center, New York, NY.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer in the Engineering/Architecture Design Division of the Engineering Department, you will be reporting to a Principal Mechanical Engineer and be responsible for performing the preparation of mechanical engineering studies, contract drawings, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates; evaluate project scopes, develop design criteria, budgets for design services, and design schedules; provide technical advice and assistance to facility and other Port Authority personnel in matters related to mechanical engineering; audit mechanical engineering designs performed by consultants; lead project teams in the preparation of mechanical engineering designs including preparation of request for proposals (RFP), design coordination, status reporting, schedule reporting, budget reporting, and brief senior staff. The mechanical engineering designs include, but not be limited to, heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and central heating and refrigeration plants (CHRPS) for buildings and structures at various Port Authority facilities.
Qualifications: Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of seven (7) years diversified experience in the design of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems for commercial and industrial buildings as well as transportation facilities, central heating and refrigeration plants, and thermal distribution systems.
- Working knowledge of New York State, New York City and New Jersey Building and Mechanical codes.
- Direct experience in the preparation of contract drawings, technical specifications and detailed construction cost estimates.
- Proficient in the use of various computer programs such as HVAC load calculations, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
For a full description and procedure to apply, refer to the link: www.jointheportauthority.com/jobs/3305656-senior-mechanical-engineer-hvac